125 young people aged 18 to 35 will study in various fields of cultural management over the next two years. Organizers have already announced open calls for applications in the five partner countries of the first Cultart cultural academy project. The application form is entirely online on the Cultart website with a deadline for participation 01.08.2022. Training and residence will be completely free, and applicants will choose between 5 different programs depending on their interests and experience. Each project partner country will offer the best of its experience in managing cultural projects. For this purpose, young people will be able to actively participate and gain field experience in some of the most successful editions of festivals in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, visual arts in Vienna, Austria, performing arts in Ioannina, Greece, design, and architecture in Lecce, Italy, Applied Arts in Skopje, Northern Macedonia.
Until the beginning of August, the Bulgarian partners of the Plovdiv 2019 Foundation will select 25 young people to represent Plovdiv and Bulgaria in an international cultural project. From there, they remind those who wish that the programs consist of 5-day intensive training in 10 training modules with leading practitioners in the fields. The working language is English. The focus of the management program is the practical training of the participants through workshops and involvement in a real creative environment. Leading cultural organizations in each city will outline their main methods and models of work, current projects, and events, and then will formulate a specific management case that the groups will be challenged to solve.
From Plovdiv 2019 announce the specific cultural institutions that are included in the practical training of Cultart:
1. State Opera - Plovdiv will be the leading cultural institution under the "Festivals" program with a focus on one of the most recognizable and sustainable festivals in the city and the country "Opera Open". Participants in the training will have the opportunity to learn how to select a rich national and international program, how to attract participants and manage a team, what is it like to organize large-scale events within 3 months on the unique stage of the Ancient Theater, what are the audiences year with a special focus on the past two years and the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic. The Academy in Plovdiv will be held this fall from October 10 to 14, 2022.
2. Kunsthalle Wien. The Visual Arts Program will develop taste, knowledge, and management skills for 25 participants in one of the most prestigious cultural institutions in the field of contemporary art. The world-famous merits of the Kunsthalle are due not only to the wide network of contacts with great names of artists and curators, but also to their focus on developing educational projects and events together with other cultural institutions, schools, teachers, and non-formal education teams. In its two famous locations, Museumsquartier and Karlsplatz, the training will engage participants among established authors and practitioners, as well as creative fields for experimentation and reaching new topics and approaches in the management of contemporary creative content. The program at the Kunsthalle Vienna is from 19 to 25 January 2023.
3. Four thematic scenes in the theater in Ioannina - DI.PE.TH.I. expect the group of cultural managers from 8 to 12 May 2023 under the program "Performing Arts". Classical ancient Greek drama together with a special children's program, experimental events, and modern performances are part of the content on which the practical tasks will be based during the workshops in the dynamic program of the regional theater in Greece.
4. The Italian design studio Valari will dedicate the International Design and Architecture Group in its authentic practice and philosophy of how to create first metaphorical and then physical forms and spaces - how to study, look at details, reflect, "slow" the work leads to modern and innovative solutions for better understanding, management, and communication of cultural products. The creative environment of Valari Studio opens its doors from November 21 to 25, 2022.
5. About the Program "Applied Arts", which will be held from 27 to 31 March 2023 in Skopje, Northern Macedonia, we will tell you very soon.
More about the application and the academy can be found at https://cultart.eu/