The winners of the National Award "Hristo G. Danov" 2022 were announced yesterday at a solemn ceremony in the yard of the house - Hristo G. Danov Museum in the Old Town. Among the official guests were the Regional Governor Yordan Ivanov, owners of Plovdiv publishing houses, writers, poets, translators, artists, media, and friends of the book. The awards were determined on a competitive basis in two rounds, and at its first meeting, the jury determined the nominations in the eight sections, and in the second meeting before the ceremony, it was decided who are this year's winners.
The musical host of the event, organized by the Ministry of Culture and the Municipality of Plovdiv since 1999, was maestro Micho Dimitrov - virtuoso violinist and concertmaster of the State Opera - Plovdiv, winner of numerous international and national awards, including Honorary Diploma of the VI International Competition Tchaikovsky, Moscow, Special Prize at the First Chrysler International Competition, Vienna, Austria, Myra Hess Foundation Prize London, Alfred Gibson Memorial Prize London, Youth Lyre, Golden Badge of Merit for the International music festival "Varna Summer", "Musician of the Year" in "Allegro Vivace" of the Bulgarian National Radio, "Golden Lyre" of SBMTD and many others.
On the idea of Maestro Dimitrov, the talented graduates of NUMTI "Dobrin Petkov", also violinists, brothers Boris and Simeon Stoychevi also participated in their musical performances. The host of the ceremony was Emilia Kamenova.
The winners in each of the 8 sections received their awards from the members of the jury: Plamen Panov - Deputy Mayor for Culture, Archeology, and Tourism of Plovdiv Municipality, Anton Baev - writer, poet, chairman of the Plovdiv Writers' Association, Ph.D. Silva Hacheryan - Head of the Regional Activities Department at the Ministry of Culture, Dimitar Minev - Director of the National Library "Ivan Vazov" Plovdiv, Dr. Boyko Lambovski - translator, poet, publicist, Prof. Dr. Magdalena Kostova - Panayotova - literary critic, Ivan Esenski - sings and Tonya Goranova - artist, illustrator.
Yuri Valkovski - Deputy Minister of Culture and Chairman of the Jury presented the Grand Prize for overall contribution to the national literary culture, which is determined by the Minister of Culture. The poet and literary critic Marin Bodakov posthumously won it. Bodakov's wife, Zornitsa Hristova, received it in the presence of their children.
Here are the winners of this year's Hristo G. Danov National Award for Contribution to Bulgarian Literary Culture by sections:
1. Bulgarian publishing house Hermes Publishing House
2. Author of Bulgarian fiction Hristo Dobrotinov, author of the book "Fireflies will show you the way" by Hermes Publishing House
3. Translator of fiction Vasil Samokovliev, for the translation of the book "Weddings in the House", author Bohumil Hrabal, publishes "Hummingbirds"
4. Author in the field of humanities Ivan Marazov, author of the book "Golden Utopia", publishes "Zahari Stoyanov"
5. Author of a children's publication Maya Dalgacheva, author of the book "What is it like to be a mother", published by "Janet 45"
6. Artist or book design and layout Yasen Gyuzelev artist of the book "Orpheus and Eurydice" by Ivan B. Genov, publishing house "Hummingbirds"
7. Presentation of the Bulgarian book National Library "St. Cyril and Methodius ”for the Writing Club 8. Library work Lyuben Karavelov Regional Library - Ruse.